Asus Router Password Reset
Asus routers are one of the most reliable and trustworthy brands on the market today. If you are experiencing any difficulties with your Asus router, it can be reset to factory defaults. This will allow you to make changes to your settings. Making an Asus router reset depends on what problem you are facing. Sometimes rebooting the Asus router might fix your problem and you don’t need to make it reset.
Most probably if you reading this article seems you forget the Asus router password and looking to reset your router. If you forget the Asus router password or you may try to log in but an invalid login password does not allow you to access router settings. Many people are not aware there is a “reset” button available on the router that use to regain router access.
The “reset” button is a quick way to reset the router to factory default settings and erase the previous configuration. Resetting the router is a good troubleshooting step when you want to start fresh with the ASUS router. It can also be used to revert to the factory default settings if you have made changes to the router and want to start over.
There are two ways to factory reset the Asus router either from settings or from the reset button which call a hard reset physical process. The safest way to resetting the Asus router using the login method because it allow you to download the configuration file before resetting the device but if you are locked out and unable to login your router then a hard reset is the way to restore settings.
Factory Reset Asus Router using Login Method
Reset Asus router from settings is a safe method but you need to login settings from the web interface. You can use the soft reset method if you facing issues with wifi connectivity, router speed issue, or no internet issue, slow down download or upload speed due to the router running longer time continuously.
Steps to Factory Default Asus Router
- Power On router using DC adapter if it’s turned off.
- Connect a Lan cable from LAN port to Desktop/Laptop for wired connection
- Connect WIFI network if you are able to connect using WiFi.
- Find Asus default Login IP address printed to router sticker along with username and password information.
- Open a web browser and access Asus login IP address http://192.168.1.1 to the URL bar and wait to load the login page.
- Use the default username and password or use a password for login if you changed the default to any other password.
- Once you are logged into the router control panel where you can see all wireless, network, wan, LAN, system, and administration settings.
- Scroll down the page and go to the Administration option from the left side menu.
- Administration- Restore/Save/Upload settings
Note: Before making a reset press the Save setting button to download the configuration file. Saving the config file will help you to restore the configuration again post reset.
Factory Default– Restore
Press the Restore button to reset the Asus router password and the complete configuration will be reset to default settings.
You will ask for confirmation to proceed to reset the router press the Yes or Ok button to confirm resetting the Asus router and wait until the router resetting and reboot to default mode.
Login Router again with default IP address and login settings as printed to router sticker and restore configuration backup file to setup router settings.
If you forgot to save the configuration file then setup manually WAN settings as per your internet details and change wireless settings.
Another method is a hard reset if you are unable to access router settings due to a wrong password forgot login password or are unable to find the router IP address. follow the steps to reset your Asus router password without login in to settings.
Factory reset Asus Router using the Reset switch
Hard reset helps you restore settings if you forgot your Asus router login password and are unable to access settings to update wireless and other settings.
Hard reset is a simple and easy method to restore router settings if you forget the admin password and can not log in the web interface. Making Asus router using a reset switch is a physical process so you have to be near the router to access the reset switch.
- Power ON Asus AC1900, N300, AC1200, or any other router that you want to factory reset.
- Locate a small reset switch Hole or reset button beside ethernet ports.
- Use a needle or clip to press the button if the reset hole or press the button directly if the reset button is outside.
- Press and hold the reset switch for 10 seconds and release the button when Power LED and other LEDs suddenly turn off and turn ON again.
- The router will automatically restart when the reset command is executed and takes a few minutes to restore into default mode.
- After restoring the configuration to default mode you can access the router with default IP 192.168.1.1 or as printed to the router sticker.
If you have downloaded a configuration backup file just restore the configuration file to set up Asus router in quick mode but if you don’t have a settings file just set up the router manually.
- D-Link DIR600 Wireless Router Setup for Home
- How to Factory Reset Airtel 4G Hotspot router
- How to Factory Reset D-Link WiFi Router
- 3 Way to Factory Reset OpenWrt Router