MikroTik RB750Gr3 Hotspot Login Page configuration
MikroTik RB750Gr mini router with one PoE in port and best for small network size. RB750Gr3 best router board to set up a hotspot login page for your network with a medium user size. You can use the RB750gr router as a network switch as well as a hotspot router or a normal router. RB750Gr3 is not supported wireless so you can use it as a normal hotspot router to secure your users using a login page with a unique username and password for each user with different speed and time limitations.
You have to connect a wired LAN connection from router LAN port to Pc/Laptop to access the login page using inbox as well as from web browser. There are a few steps from login to setup hotspot login page in Mikrotik router board.
Steps to Setup Hotspot Page in MikroTik Routerboard
Setting up a hotspot page using RouterOS in any MikroTik router is a bit easy and making step by step guide helps it to set up more quickly and simply.
- Connect and Login RB750Gr using WInbox/Web browser
- Bridge LAN 2 to LAN 4
- Configure Ethernet 1 as a WAN port.
- Setup Hotspot configuration.
You can setup the Hotspot page using the above steps from login to configuration without making it complicated.
Steps-1: Connection and Login Setting from Winbox
The first step to login RB750 router is a connection using a LAN port from a computer or Laptop using a LAN cable. You can use Any ethernet port to access rotuerOS using winbox configuration utility.
If you using Winbox to access RouterOS settings then no default IP is needed because WInbox auto gets router IP and you can select and log in. If you trying to log in using a web browser then you need a default IP address to log in.
- Power ON RB750Gr using PoE Port (Ethe1) or use DC adapter 0-30volt from DC socket.
- Connect LAN cable from Ethe1 or Eth2 to Eth4 from a Desktop /Laptop.
- Connect internet cable to Ethernet 1 port.
- Download Winbox and open winbox software and wait to search RB750Gr Mac address and IP address showing in winbox.
- If you want to use a Web browser use 192.168.88.1 to access the MikroTik router’s web interface.
- Once you log in to the router, remove the default configuration as a pop-up show and log in again using the Mac address selected in Winbox.
192.168.88.1 Login MikroTik RouterOS with Admin
After login into RouterOS from Winbox or Web interface now follow the next steps to create the bridge and add all ports to the bridge.
Bridge all LAN ports
Making a bridge to all ethernet ports together will apply a hotspot page with each port connected to any device to the LAN port. However, if you want to apply the Hotspot page with any single port you can just skip that port to add in the bridge.
- Go to the Bridge option from the left side menu.
- Press the Plus(+) button to add a new bridge. You can give any name to bridge or keep it default bridge1.
- Go to the Port tab to add LAN ports to the bridge.
- Press the Plus (+) button and choose interface LAN2 to LAN4 one by one and add to bridge.
After adding all LAN ports to the bridge, the next step is the configuration of the WAN port.
Mikrotik Port Forwarding from Winbox
Setup Ethernet 1 as WAN port
To set up the hotspot page RB750Gr should be changed to router mode from bridge mode. Ether1 will work as a WAN (internet) port that will be connected to the internet.
Go to the quick Set option from the left side menu.
Choose Configuration mode– Router
Internet- Static, PPPoE, Dynamic
Choose your internet type from the above option.
Provide static IP settings for Static internet type and username and password for PPPoE internet type.
IP Address- 192.168.88. Default LAN IP.
Enable DHCP server– check the box.
DHCP Server Range- 192.168.88.2-192.168.88.253 (you can change this range if want to use limited IP addresses)
NAT- enable -check box
Apply and save settings to finish Internet settings.
Now follow the next and final steps to configure the Hotspot page.
Setup Hotspot Page step by step
Now you can configure the Hotspot page with simple steps as given below steps.
Go to IP-Hotspot
Press the Hotspot setup button
Hotspot interface– choose bridge
Local network of address– 192.168.88.1/24 press next button
Address pool of network-192.168.88.2-192.168.88.254
Select certification- none -press next
DNS serves- provide DNS server if not configured in WAN settings and press next.
Create hotspot user– username- admin (create username and password for hotspot login)
Press next to finish the hotspot setup.
You can also create more users from IP-Hotspot and user tab options.
Once the hotspot setup finishes you will get a hotspot login page while trying to access the internet through the MikroTik RB750gr router. Login using hotspot username and password to get internet access.
This is a simple way to configuration of the hotspot to protect your internet using a username and password.
Just connect LAN2 to LAN4 to your network switch and all wired or wireless users will get a login page before accessing the internet in the networks.
- MikroTik RB2011UiAS Vs MikroTik RB3011UiAS | Which one Best?
- How to block Website and User in D-Link WiFi Router
- 8 Best Open Source Alternate Firmware for Routers
- How to Check Who is connected to My WiFi
- Block Internet Access but keep Local Network access in MikroTik