A year ago when Snapchat wasn’t available for MAC and PC people had to apply tricks to be able to use it. But now, all thanks to recent updates, now you can use Snapchat on the PC and MAC without any tricks or hassle. Same as how you do on the phone.
But that being said, there are still a few limitations such as browser compatibility, subscription, etc.
However, if you don’t know how to use Snapchat on PC and Mac but want to, this is where you should spend your next 5-minutes.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Snapchat on Pc and Mac
Before we dive in you must know that Snapchat can be only accessible from Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. Windows PCs should have both browsers, but the browsers might not be in MAC by default. If you’re a Mac user, make sure to install any of these browsers.
And using Snapchat is the same on both MAC and PC, so following the given instruction, you can use the app on both.
Let’s get started!
- Visit snapchat.com from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser to log in.
- If you are new to Snapchat, then open an account by clicking on “Signup”. You’ll be required to put in an email with a password to sign up. And then you would set a password which will be required from you every time you want to log in.
- If you have an old account that you are using on the phone then you’ll need to give access to the account from the phone.
- Upon providing the login details on the computer, there will be a notification on your phone on which your Snapchat account is logged in.
- You’ll see a pop-up window asking you to confirm that it is you who’s trying to log in from the computer. Click on the blue Yes button, and you will be logged in from the computer.
- After logging in, you will be welcomed with a nice message and a request to allow notifications. And you would want to allow that by clicking on either the “Allow” or “Yes” button.
- Once you have allowed notifications, you will be asked to turn the camera on as well. But that’s not mandatory, you can skip that if you don’t feel like opening the camera.
- Then don’t forget to give permission for the microphone and camera, otherwise the camera and mic both won’t work.
- And now you are all set to use Snapchat in full-fledged from a PC or MAC.
How to Use Snapchat on MAC and PC By Android Emulators?
A year back when Snapchat wasn’t available for computers, people were still able to use it through android emulators.
If you are not familiar with emulators, they are third-party apps that allow you to create a virtual android device on your computer allowing you to access everything that can be done from a phone.
Here’s how you can use Snapchat on the computer with the help of android emulator tools.
Determining Which Tool To Use
There are dozens of android emulators available and not all of them are very convenient. Some are easy to use but due to many ads, you have to wait every while. And some tools don’t show many ads but have a complex interface.
However, after testing from every perspective Bluestacks seem to do well in every area compared to others. And that’s why it is the most popular android emulator right now. So you better stick to it.
Enable App Installation From Other Sources
In both PC and MAC, you might need to allow app installation from the App Store and other sources. And to do that, go to “system preferences” or “System Setting”. There you should see an option called “security and privacy”.
Upon clicking a new window will pop up when you have to click on “General” and then you should see an option called “Allow apps downloaded from the app store and identified Developers” click on that.
Download The App
Now it’s time to download the app. You can easily download the tool from the Bluestacks website. There will be versions for both pc and mac, download the suitable one.
Install And Open The Tool
It might take a while depending on the downloading speed, be patient. After downloading, install the tool and open it.
Here you will have to log in, and for that, you’ll need a Google account. If you don’t have one, then making one shouldn’t take more than a minute.
After linking the Google account to the Bluestacks, you will see the play store interface. Search for Snapchat there, and download that, just like you do on an android phone.
Install and Login
When the installation is done, open Snapchat and put the account details to log in. If you have already logged in from the phone, you will need to grant permission from there.
To do that, put in the login info and try to sign in from the computer. After pressing the sign-in button, if the info is right, a notification will be sent to your phone asking for permission. Just press yes and enjoy!
What Can I Do With Snapchat on the Web?
It is just like other social media platforms where you post your public life and interact with different people, mostly those who have the same interest. However, here are some key functions of Snapchat.
Snapchat Stories: It is a collection of photos on Snapchat which lasts for 24 hours or day. Usually, the primary goal of this was to enable people to share good moments of every day with friends. You can see your friend’s stories and you can also check who has viewed your story.
And if you want your story to be viewed by many people, you can buy snapchat story views as well.
Snapchat Lenses: Oh, these are fun! Snaplenses allows you to transform your face into different looks, there are monster lenses, vomiting lenses, and different styles of makeover look as well.
Snapchat Discover: There is a feature called “Discover” where you can catch on exciting and interesting live videos, snaps, articles, etc. People usually use the discover feature when they are bored and looking for something interesting.
Snapmap: It is a location-sharing feature and indeed an extremely helpful one. With the snap map, you can see where your Snapchat contacts are, you can check snaps from nearby and you can also share your location with everything.
Snapchat Memories: This feature enables Snapchat users to upload saved snaps and photos from their phone’s album. And it also allows users to show each other snaps from the app directly. Plus, you can put photos from the device into the story or directly to a specific friend.
If you are still here, now you definitely know how to use Snapchat on Pc and MAC, don’t you? It was slightly complicated when Snapchat wasn’t officially available for computers. But now since they have officially available it is just a matter of a few clicks.
- How to Enable and Disable Facebook Profile Picture Login
- Best Android App Player for Windows and Mac PC
- The Best Free Antivirus Software for Windows Home and Business User
- OpenVPN install and Setup Free VPN server Connection