Factory Reset MikroTik wAP If forget Password
Mikrotik RBWAPG-5HACT2HND and RBwAP2nD MikroTik wAP AP, MIKROTIK RouterBOARD wAP LoRa8 kit, and also some other different models for the wAP series. If you have any of the MikroTik wAP Routerboard AP devices and you might unable to log in or the device not showing in Winbox. Making MikroTik wAP to factory reset from the reset button or software is the same step for all wAP model numbers. There are three-way to reset the MikroTik wAP Access point if you are unable to access it or the router does not perform as per your expectations.
If you can log in wAP from Winbox or a web browser using the IP address or Mac address but the internet not working or seems to be some configuration issue then a soft reset is the best way to restore MikroTik WAP to default mode. If Winbox is unable to find the wAP device and IP address not working that makes you locked and can’t open settings then the only way is to hard reset using reset switch. A soft reset can be done from the network if you are able to access Mikrotik wAP OS but to make a hard reset you have to physically reach the device. follow steps to reset Mikrotik 5HACT2HND and other router boards.
Hard Reset MikroTik wAP from the Reset button
Making MirkoTik wap lite and HaP mini device similar process and quick way to restore router using default mode. Timing is very important to make a hard reset Mikrotik router board because the same reset button work for WPS as well as reset only pressing timing to define which function will act.
Steps to restore RBwAP2nD to Default mode
- Unplugged power adapter or PoE adapter using anyone.
- Use a needle or paper clip and see a small reset button next to the Ethernet port.
- Press the Reset button and turn on Power.
- Count 5 Seconds and release button.
- MikroTik Wireless and LAN LED will be blinking and reboot and it takes a few minutes to get stable.
- Check ping for wAP default IP address. If the command is executed at proper timing will router into default settings and you can also scan on Winbox.
This method is called hard resetting MikroTik wAP Router board access point and this method should use only if you are unable to access AP due to forgetting login password or any other reasons.
The next Method is soft reset that needs to login MikroTik device to make a factory reset.
Factory Reset MikroTik wAP from RouterOS
The soft reset method needs to login to RouterOS either from a web browser or Winbox. You can use the default IP address or Mac address to log in to wAP from Winbox. If using a web browser use MikroTik wAP login IP address to access the web interface.
- Connect wAP using Wired or Wireless from Laptop/Desktop or mobile device.
- Make sure LAN IP settings are in DHCP mode or static mode of 192.168.88.254.
- Open Winbox and click on the neighbors’ tab to get wAP IP.
- Select AP mac address or IP address and press Connect button to open RouterOS using Winbox.
- Click on quick set from the left side menu first option.
- Scroll the page and find the “reset configuration” button near the bottom.
- Press Reset configuration and you will get a pop-up window “do you want to reset all configuration and reboot” press Ok to confirm reset and wait until wAP rebooting.
Reset MikroTik wAP using SSH or Telnet
If you can ping Mikrotik IP then one more way to reset is using SSH or telnet commands. Follow the steps below.
- Connect MikroTik wAP Router from PC using Wired or Wireless.
- Open Telnet or SSD client such as Putty.
- Select Telnet or SSH whichever you want to use.
- Type wAP default IP 192.168.88.1 or if you changed using the same IP address.
- Login window will open in the command prompt asking for username and password.
- In default mode username “admin” and no password.
- MikroTik command line will load and now type reset command as showing in next line.
- admin@MikroTik> System reset-configuration (press enter and type y for yes)
- You will be disconnected from the terminal once the command is executed.
- wAP will reset into factory mode and you can access the router from Winbox, web interface, or telnet using default Mikrotik login settings.
These are the simple way to reset the Mikrotik wAP Routerboard from RouterOS as well as from hard reset methods. Resetting router erases all configurations so always take backup of configuration to avoid longer downtime. Keep update RouterOS to get the latest bug fixes and make a problem-free network.
- How to setup VPN in Mikrotik Router for Remote Access
- MikroTik cAP AC Login and Setup
- Top 5 Network Monitoring Tools of 2021
- Mikrotik Port Forwarding from Winbox